Monday, January 16, 2017

Doll Baby

January 16, 2017

I dreampt I did storytime in the basement of my parents house.  The room was really full and a man told me that 88 people were there.  Every time I tried to sing a song the stereo would start to play.  A lady from another library was there helping me but she didn't know what was wrong.  Sometimes the song was in another language.  I remember specifically that we tried to sing The Green Grass Grew All Around and the Sleeping Bag Chant. Every time I turned to the stereo and back to the group there were fewer people but it also seemed like they were taking their seats with them.  At the beginning of the dream we faced the stairs but by the end we had all turned around had our backs to the stairs and the stereo was in a cabinet under the counter.  I could see all these power strips and I got so mad that the stereo was on that i just tried turning all the power strips off. I left one on because i thought it was the wireless for the library.  I know the other staff and I discussed calling a manager but the name we used was for someone that wasn't in IT but instead from cataloging so that didn't make a lot of sense. At one point I could see a doll changing the stereo and it was a ghost doll and she had been changing the songs, making them faster and choosing languages I don't know.  I don't know if the doll belong at the house since I had never seen it before.  I don't think any of the storytime kids brought the doll either.  I remember that the doll had brown almost black hair and not clothes. 

2 comments: