Saturday, July 14, 2018

Things I Saw In the Dark

Scattered dreams from last night included sunglasses, scaffolding, driving around car accidents and in parking garages. 

I dreampt about my family and we were all in our pjs and eating fruit late at night as if we had all just come home from work. 

I had a nightmare about a woman in a harness and she was over a bed of nails or knives and the man was raising her up and letting her fall toward the spikes over and over.  She was screaming and crying and he just kept tormenting her over and I over.  I don't know how it ended.  I saw her in an earlier dream where she seemed to be hiding but i think that was from before she was captured.  I saw her laying on her side in the fetal position amongst some wooden shelves. 

I was exploring a basement, it had two or three levels.  I started at the bottom but when I got to the top i found a topiary garden and i walked those paths for awhile.  in a corner i thought there was a pond but it was a leak and i got two people to tell them about the leak and the water seemed to come from a spigot but also the ceiling and a clock.  i was going to get a hose to siphon the water the man began to collect the buckets and take them outside through the glass door.  he and the woman talked about using this gutter grates from the basement to help channel the water and as they talked they forgot i was there event though i was the one who found the leak. 

I was jogging in the neighborhood but I got on a city bus.  I thought it would go up one stop and let me off but we drive for ages.  As I got off the bus I saw a library and remembered I was supposed to be at work at 4pm.  I didn't have my phone so I couldn't call in.  I went to a tourist information booth and used their courtesy phone.  The first time i called i saw all these names on the voicemail that were for people I didn't know.  I let the other staff member dial for me and when I got through they said I was already at work.  When I protested that I really was going ot be late they said well just don't come in then. 

I dreampt we were at a store like IKEA that also had Christmas trees.  We got a bunch of food at the buffet and we had a picnic in the dairy aisle.  We went to get a tree but when we came back someone had taken all of our food and somehow we didn't end up getting a tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment