Tuesday, February 6, 2018

On Fire

February 6, 2018

I dreampt I was part of an enslaved people who was skilled with horses.  We used our skills to help our masters raise amazing animals.  In my dream the horses were huge, like draft horses but exceedingly graceful.  The large white barn that I worked in kept catching fire.  We would run in to save the horses and while no horses died many of my people did.  In the dream I could see from above the chaos of the fire, the horses tearing around like the running of the bulls, biting at each other and the people. Sometimes the horses would attack each other with such ferocity that they were nearly impossible to separate. We finally decided one night to burn the barn down ourselves and steal all the horses.  We ran through the fields planning to ride the horses far away.   As we got the complex of barns I went to a smaller building on the left.  I don't recall if music was playing the whole time but my dream had a soundtrack at this point. I peaked into a room filled with Japanese ornaments and probably art from a mix of other Asian cultures.  I saw a welcome cat. What impressed me the most was my first look at a tiny tv sitting on a chair. No one was around so I got closer.  I saw a commercial for the movie Thor. The tv was so luminous and beautiful, so captivating that I don't recall how the dream ends. Oddly I remember someone saying that our masters were Turks but since I never saw them I don't know how I know that this is wrong.  I know that despite the Western style barn, my people and the land seemed Asian, as if we were from Mongolia or Tibet.  Again these are just impressions from within the dream.  My clothes were long, long pants with a long shirt with long sleeves which seems highly impractical. Every hem had a thick embroidered detail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment